TAX & GENERAL LAW PRACTICE
1. Probate, Conservatorships, Guardianships
Injury ("Accident") Claims
3. "Lemon Law" and other Automobile Related
Real Estate Transactions
Contracts: Drafting and Disputes
6. Contract/Document Review & Analysis
8. Loan Modification
9. Tax Deficiencies and
10. Tax Relief Offer & Compromises
Installment Plans (Release of Garnishments)
12. Tax Return Preparation
14. Restraining Orders
15. Domestic Partnerships (Civil Union)
16. Immigration Services
Mediation, Arbitration, Alternative Dispute Resolution
18. Credit Report Clean-up (negotiations)
19. DWI (DUI)
21. Legal Name/Gender Change
22. Medi-Cal Planning (Spend-down
1. Probate, Conservatorships, Guardianships (see Estates tab)
4% of first $100K; 3% of next $100K; 2% of next $800K; 1% of next $9M
- Conservatorship: $5,500 (add $1,000 for urgent Orders - w/i 30 days)
$3,500 (add $1,000 for urgent Orders - w/i 30 days)
Personal Injury ("Accident") Claims
3. "Lemon Law"
and other Automobile Related Issues.
4. Real Estate
Transactions (Purchases/Sales, Contracts, Loans, Modifications, Foreclosures, etc.)
5. Contracts: Drafting and Disputes
- Drafting: $500 intake +
+ $750 standard agreement
+ $200 per non-standard
(special) clause +
+ $150 per redraft of each clause.
6. Contract/Document Review & Analysis: (
- Review and analyze
BOTH existing language, and for any MISSING provisions: greater of $1,500 or $120/page.
- Review and analyze ONLY existing language (NOT for possible missing
provisions): greater of $1,000 or $75/page.
Bankruptcy: (prices include $300-$500 consultation fees) - discounts not applicable
- Chapter 7: $2,000 up to $100,000 debt and 15 creditors
$4,000 if over $100,000 debt or 15 creditors
- Chapter 13: $4,250
- Additional charges apply for complex or business filings.
- Installment payments available
- Loan Modification w/ BK: $3,750 [$4,750 w/o BK] ** We are a debt relief agency.
We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
Modification: - discounts
- With Bankruptcy: $3,750
- W/o Bankruptcy: $4,750
- Add $2,000
for properties valued over $1.5M
- Installment & credit card payments available (discounts not applicable)
Tax Deficiencies and Audits: $750 to review and provide strategy options
10. Tax Relief Offer & Compromises:
- Personal: $3,500 + $1,500 each additional entity filed simultaneously + filing fees;
- Business: $5,500 + $2,500 each additional entity filed simultaneously + filing fees.
11. Tax Installment Plans (Release of Garnishments*)
- Non-financial disclosure installment plans:
- Personal: $750 per government entity.
- Business: $1,250 per government entity.
- Financial disclosure installment plans:
- Personal: $1,750 (+$500 per additional entity).
- Business: $3,000 (+$750 per additional entity)
- *With Garnishments/Levies: add $500 per entity.
12. Tax Preparation (please contact a CPA for lower rates)
- Personal tax returns for last 3 years:
- Estates < $1M and Gross Income
= $550 federal; $550 CA; $900 combined.
- Estates > $1M or Gross Income > $100K:
= $850 federal; $850 CA; $1,500 combined.
state returns: add 20%
- Foreign tax return inclusion: add 40%
- Unorganized or Uncategorized statements/receipts: add 30%
- Tax returns from 4+ years ago: add 30%
- Tax returns for deceased t/p: add 30%
- Estate Tax return: $2,500 up to
$2M estate value ($1,000 for each additional $1M)
- Business tax returns: add 150%
- Amended tax returns: add 50%
- If retained in February: add 10%
- If retained in March: add 25%
- If retained in April: add 50%
13. Family Law: (discounts not applicable; court costs
& fees additional)
- SETTLEMENT Dissolution (non-trial): $5,000 per $2M estate value
(+court costs & fees).
- Child Custody/Visitation/Support: +$2,000 per child (or +$3,500 per non-biological
or distressed child).
- Alimony (spousal support):
+$2,500 (or +$7,500 if other spouse is self-employed)
Qualified Retirement Plan division (QDRO): +$3,500 per QDRO (+ fees).
- History of Abuse/Violence/Adultery/Drugs/Great Animosity: +$3,500.
- Existing case: +$2,500
- Neutral Mediator for both parties (do not "represent" either party): +$4,000
- TRIAL: the costs of a litigious court trial vary from an additional $5,000 to $50,000 (or more).
- Prenuptial Agreements: $4,500 for estates < $2M. ($1,000 for each additional $1M).
14. Restraining Orders (RO): -
discounts not applicable
- Standard RO (within 20 days): $2,500
- Immediate RO (TRO): $3,500 + fees.
- Add $500 per child needing protection from a parent.
15. Domestic Partnerships, Civil Unions or Marital Vows & Certificate: $750 + fees
17. Alternative Dispute Resolution:
$500 Consultation +
- Mediator (Neutral): $1,250 PER PARTY for first 3 hour session,
($200/hour thereafter); [discounts do not apply]
- Mediation Representation: $1,000
for first 3 hour session ($500 telephonically), ($200/hour thereafter);
- Arbitration Representation: $1,500
for first 3 hour session, ($200/hour thereafter);
- Settlement Negotiations: $2,500 flat fee (+ travel costs)
- Marital Dissolution as Neutral
Mediator: See #13 above.
- Settlement Letter + Two (2) Phone Conversations: $1,500
Credit Report Clean-up: $1,500
- Settlement Negotiations with Creditors: +$650/creditor
19. DWI (DUI): discounts not applicable
- 1st non-trial (plea) offense: $2,750 + costs
- 2nd non-trial (plea) offense: $3,500 + costs
- Trial (not-guilty plea): +$3,000
- Professional Designation or Licence in Jeopardy: +$1,000
Expungements: (discounts not
- $3,500 for filings and three (3) hearing appearances (+ filing fees).
- $500 for each additional hearing appearance.
Legal Name/Gender Change: (discounts not applicable)
for court filings, one
(1) hearing appearance, and publication
(+ filing fees).
for each additional court hearing appearance.
for each additional government entity name change.
22. Medi-Cal Planning
- $2,250 for applying for Medi-Cal
- $2,500 for Spend-down planning
- $2,500 for
- $4,000 for any two above
- $5,000 for all of the above
Contact us regarding your General Legal Issue(s).
3 FLAT FEE DISCOUNTS
(applicable to services over $750)
> 20% to existing clients ($1,000+), employees/volunteers of progressive
non-profit organizations, and fellow attorneys;
> 30% to public school teachers, seniors (65+), low income families (1.5 x poverty), veterans, and active military, fire & police personnel;
> 40% to family, the terminally ill, and veterans of wars.